12 Quick Top Tips From Two Podcasting Experts
Podcasting for business, whether you're a big or small company, lets you connect with your audience on a more personable and engaging level.
But what about if you work in the life sciences sector or a very specific field?
Well, anyone can create a podcast - all you need to remember is that you are podcasting for business, not about your business. There's always interesting topics, questions and discussions that you can share with your listeners.
Here's 12 top tips to consider before starting a podcast for your life science business
1. Podcasting for business is not podcasting about your business
2. When deciding on the topic, think about the types of questions your customers ask
3. Your podcast either needs to educate or entertain. Everything will ultimately fall into one of these two categories
4. Make sure what you're talking about is valuable for your audience. Ask yourself: why would someone want to listen to this and what value will they get from it?
5. Don't try appeal to a mass audience, pick a target segment of your customers
6. To make sure you stay track on your podcast ask yourself; so what? and who cares? You should be able to answer these throughout
7. Treat your podcast like any other content: you'll need a plan on what channels it will be promoted on, how and when
8. Be clear about what your podcast is about. Have a clear title, tag line and description
9. Consider interviewing industry leaders and experts in their field to increase reach and influence of your podcast
10. Use podcasts to develop deeper connections with your customers and increase business awareness, not a sales pitch or action driven.
11. Always listen back for any mistakes and to check it flows correctly
12. Be clear about what listening and downloading means, your audience might not know that it is free, doesn't use up their data or require email subscriptions
Come spend some time with us at MSP and discover how our community is helping change the world for the better.