Northern Powerhouse Health Innovation Conference 2018
7:45am - Registration
8:30am - Panel
12:00pm - Approximate close
Guests are invited to remain behind after the formal close for coffee and networking
- Rowena Burns, executive chair, Health Innovation Manchester and chairman at Manchester Science Partnerships
- Prof Steve Haake, director, Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre, Sheffield
- Bonella Ramsay, partner and co-chair, global life sciences sector, DLA Piper
- Chris Walker, distributor manager EMEA, Sky Medical Technology
- Mark Street-Docherty, chief executive, Elucigene
- Jason Taylor, general manager, innovation service, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Hakim Yadi, founder and ceo, Northern Health Science Alliance
- Tim Holmes, commercial director, Crawford Healthcare
The Northern Powerhouse health and life sciences sector operates on a global platform, exporting its expertise all over the world. Fast-growing private sector companies in pharmaceuticals, medtech and digital health are supported by the global expertise and world-beating research led by northern universities and hospitals.
And the sector’s set to get even bigger. In its most recent report, the Northern Powerhouse Partnership predicted GVA growth in the sector is set to rise from £17.5bn to £43bn at 2011 prices by 2050. Insider’s conference will shed light on how this can be achieved and what challenges lie ahead.
Our event will discuss the strengths of the regional cluster, and illustrate the supply chain and collaboration opportunities.
With many companies in the health innovation space seeking opportunities beyond our borders, the conference will also identify priority markets for health innovation companies and hear why global giants are choosing to invest in the Northern Powerhouse.
The scale of opportunity is immense, so join us to hear the success stories and make new discoveries.